Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Ghostwriter

I keep trying to explain to people that plagiarism detection systems are helpless when faced with other forms of academic misconduct. In this Chronicle article a reader sends to me a ghostwriter bares all, and the sight is not pretty. Money is exchanged for papers - the college system is broken. Actually, the moral system seems to be in quite a degenerate state:
I do a lot of work for seminary students. I like seminary students. They seem so blissfully unaware of the inherent contradiction in paying somebody to help them cheat in courses that are largely about walking in the light of God and providing an ethical model for others to follow.
So fellow professors - if you wonder how your incoherent student wrote such a great paper, maybe they didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that I moderate comments. Any comments that I consider unscientific will not be published.