- Diploma Mill News, a blog dedicated to "[e]xposing scammers of every ilk: diploma mills, fake diplomas, fabricated transcripts, bogus accreditation, plagiarism, cheating, essay mills, identity theft, impersonation of licensed professionals, and more."
- The State of Oregon has a long list of unaccredited schools
- Academic Spam, a blog that collects the solicitations ("If you are a pseudoscientist, then a new bogus conference is calling you to send fake papers")
- A scientific paper: Zhuang, Z., Elmacioglu, E., Lee, D., and Giles, C. L. 2007. Measuring conference quality by mining program committee characteristics. In Proceedings of the 7th ACM/IEEE-CS Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (Vancouver, BC, Canada, June 18 - 23, 2007). JCDL '07. ACM, New York, NY, 225-234. DOI= http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1255175.1255220
- Some Japanese guy has plagiarized my first article on fake conferences...
- A blacklist of conferences and journals
- A 10-page paper from CERN that has 3469 authors (!) [Did they all get money from their institutions for this publication?]
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Interesting links on fake conferences
While researching that last posting on fake conferences I found a number of interesting sites I want to link to here: