The Fourth International Plagiarism Conference, will take place on 21-23 June 2010 at Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. The deadline for extended abstracts of 1000 words and proposals is 29 January, 2010.
Papers, posters, video and workshop submissions are invited on the following themes:
- Creating a culture of honesty
- Ensuring authenticity in non text-based disciplines and multimedia
- Addressing non-traditional learning styles (e.g. overseas students, mature students etc)
- Ensuring the integrity of research and published work
- Open theme. Suggested topics include: innovative assessment techniques beyond the essay, the changing nature of authorship in a Web 2.0 world, contract cheating, plagiarism detection
This fourth biennial conference, hosted by plagiarismadvice.org, and sponsored by Ofqual draws together delegates from the international educational community. In 2008 250 delegates from schools, colleges, universities, awarding and regulatory bodies along with commercial organizations from around the world met to share their experiences and expertise in this key area.
- Isabel Nisbet, Acting Chief Executive, Ofqua
- Jude Carroll, Deputy Director of the ASKe CETL at Oxford Brookes University, UK.
- Dr Teddi Fishman, Director of the Center for Academic Integrity, US.
- Adrian Slater, Head of Legal Services at the University of Leeds, UK.